Hashtags – we all use them and we all love them. For those not in-the-know, a hashtag is an easy way to catalog online messages. It’s a clickable URL that starts with a # (the pound sign, or the hashtag) that people use in their message if they want it to be organized with others with the same hashtag.
We’ve all seen and/or used hashtags to express ourselves (e.g., #sorrynotsorry), chat with fans of our favorite TV shows (I still believe, #TheXFiles!), and participated in our favorite Twitter chats (talking to you, #Luv4Social chatters!).
Now that we know a little background information, how should brands be using hashtags to launch campaigns? Should they use trending hashtags to take advantage of popular topics, create a hashtag to promote a new product, or illustrate company culture by using a fun hashtag?
Join #Luv4Social on February 4th at 2pm ET / 11am PT on Twitter for, “Using Hashtags to Launch Campaigns!”
- What are your favorite hashtags to use?
- What are some possible goals for using hashtags to launch a successful campaign?
- How should brands use hashtags to launch successful campaigns?
- What are some DO’s and DONT’s when it comes to brands using hashtags for a campaign?
- How can people use hashtags to promote their personal brands?
- When is it appropriate for a brand to use a trending hashtag?
- Share some successful hashtag campaigns you’ve seen from brands or individuals.
- What tools do you use to track a hashtag’s success?
- Official #Luv4Social Twitter Accounts:
- Date and Time: Thursday, February 4th, at 2pm ET / 11am PT
- Twitter Hashtag to Follow: #Luv4Social
- Nurph Chat Link: http://nurph.com/Luv4Social/chats/3020